Thursday, June 14, 2012

Roaring Twenties: Clyde Doerr Orch. - I Wish I Knew, 1920

1# Roaring Twenties: Clyde Doerr Orch. - I Wish I Knew, 1920.

VDO of Roaring Twenties: Clyde Doerr Orch. - I Wish I Knew, 1920

Roaring Twenties: Clyde Doerr Orch. - I Wish I Knew, 1920 Video Clips. Duration : 2.95 Mins.


We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Chiropractic School Chicago. I Wish I Knew (You Really Loved Me) Clyde Doerr & HO, Victor 1922 -------------------------------------- Clyde DOERR (1894 -1973) - born in Coldwater, Michigan; American saxophonistr and bandleader. He studied violin when he was eight but took up saxophone in a high school, and an alto-saxophonist would bring him fame. Hired by bandleader Art Hickman in 1916, Doerr arrived in New York in 1919 with the Hickman band, hired by Ziegfeld --- and struck out on his own shortly thereafter, forming orchestras that would serve as "house bands" for both New York City's Club Royale and Chicago's Congress Hotel. After establishing a following at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, the band traveled to New York in 1919 and enjoyed great success at the Biltmore Hotel. In addition to appearing on the radio as early as 1925, Doerr and his Orchestra would also tour the country via the vaudeville circuit. His Club Royal Orchestra enjoyed success with its first Vuctor records in 1921. The recording of "The Sheik" (often known as "The Sheik of Araby" - it followed the success of Rudolph Valentino's movie The Sheik) became a gransd success Beginning in late 1922 he led his band in Chicago for two years at the Congress Hotel, and -- after dissolving this band, he returned to New York to work mainly as a session man but he occasionally led groups at record sessions. Clyde Doerr's Saxophone Orchestra made its first side for Columbia in 1925, he continued recording into the late 1920s for ...
View Related articles associated with Chiropractic School Chicago. I Roll below. I actually have suggested my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Roaring Twenties: Clyde Doerr Orch. - I Wish I Knew, 1920.


No comments:

Post a Comment